Our Favorite Hangout

January 16, 2013

I'm beginning to notice that we hang out in our kitchen alot. It seems like that is always the place that people (including our little people) seem to congregate. I remember growing up, my mom had a little framed print that said, "no matter where I serve my guests, they seem to like my kitchen the best." I don't know what it is, but there is something so comforting and so homey about being gathered in the kitchen and around the dinner table together, especially after a meal.

011613-3
Every day, when Daddy gets home, I am in the kitchen getting dinner ready [or sitting on the floor protesting getting dinner ready...whichever...] My monkeys keep me company in that kitchen with coloring or puzzles or making their own dinners in their play kitchen, Hudsey Boy watches from his bouncer, and Daddy tries to stir the pots or add some spices on the stove before sitting down to play with the babies at the table.
011613-8011613-4
We sit together to eat our meals, we stay long after talking and playing. We share the best parts of our days, we laugh, and enjoy each other. I suppose that's why so many of our pictures so far this year have taken place in this room. We like the kitchen, and I guess it's easy to see why. 
011613-7
Emily had her 2 1/2 year check-up today (hence the stickers on the girls' shirts). She brought her pooh bear with her to get a check up too. Her doctor said that she went through quite the little growth spurt over these last 6 months (what???) She went from the 7th percentile in height to the 14th, and the 21st in weight to the 35th. That is quite the little spurt! She's still our little itty bitty though, even if she is growing :) We also found out that the runny nose and cough she's had for the past couple weeks wasn't because of the dry air alone, poor thing has had a double ear infection (even though she never complained of her ears hurting). But other than that, she is one healthy little girl!

Post a Comment