Long Lost Friends

January 2, 2013

A funny thing happens when you get married and start having kids, it seems like you have to work extra hard to keep in touch with friends, especially when you all move to different parts of the world. Lucky for me, I have two friends that are much better at it than I am. Stacy and Katrina both happened to be in town for New Years and we all were able to get together this morning to catch up (well, as much as we could with screaming children running around...) We all became friends almost 10 years ago when we were all living in New England, since then Stacy's moved to washington, Katrina is down in Arizona, and we're in Utah. But that's the nice thing about Utah, it seems like everyone has a tie to this place and comes back to visit.

I love my friends, I miss you girls! Next time lets call it a girls night out and leave the crazy kids at home :)
friends010213-01
I can't even tell you how much I love this picture!
Who would've known that ten years later we'd still be cozying up for pictures, with Katrina still in the middle of every one :)

Yesterday we also had Stacy and her husband Levi (who was roommates with Mike back in college) over for breakfast. It's pretty fun seeing how much we've all changed since those college, road-trippin' days and how big our kids have gotten. 
010113-01
and p.s. Stacy's almost one year old totally outweighs our 2 1/2 year old... 
010113-02
This is what makes the holidays so special and why I kinda don't want to leave Utah anytime soon :)

Post a Comment