Happy 2013

January 1, 2013

I am really excited for 2013. There's no real reason why, I just can't wait to see what the future holds for our little party of five.
Graduation, a new job, maybe another big move? We don't know yet, but we're excited to find out. 
new year front-Recovered
With this new year, I've been thinking alot about resolutions. I'm not really one for making resolutions, I feel like they are so easy to make up at the beginning of January but by midway through most people get back to their busy lives and forget about the goals they set (myself included). This year, however, I do have a few goals in mind and I figure if I put them in writing I can be held accountable and be less likely to blow them off :)
  • First, I will say the cliche, I want to get active and get healthy. I'm not talking about running marathons here (good gosh, I hate to run), I just want to be fit and there is always room for improvement, especially after just having a baby :) 
  • The Second goal I have for myself is to be a better record keeper for my family. As trivial as some of the posts on this blog may seem, every picture and every story means something special to me and my family and I want my kids to be able to look back at these times and smile. So I will post more and I will stay up to date so that I don't forget any of the wonderful details about this wonderful time in our lives. And I am also starting a 365 project on instagram & every day I am going to post a photo along with one thing I am grateful for. I think this will be a great reminder of how blessed we are and also help to keep things in perspective when life might get a little overwhelming. (If you don't have instagram you can still see all of those photos on www.instagram.com/ericakirby, and it will update as I post more pictures - Dad and Inky Grandma, that's for you :)
  • And third, I want to go out of my way to serve others on a more regular basis and teach my kids how to love serving others as well. Mike is really good at this and I love him for that. I love the idea of random acts of kindness so I am thinking we'll run with that one and make it our goal to make people smile all year long.
Those aren't too crazy, right? I didn't mean for this to become such a winded post, but it's late and these are the things that are on my mind :) Like I said, I'm excited for this new year. Excited for new places, new adventures, and a fresh start. 
new year back-Recovered
our new year's card this year

Mike asked why we don't send out Christmas cards anymore and I told him it's because I want to be different, because everyone does Christmas cards... but really it's probably just because I am chronically late to everything and apparently that rolls over to my holiday card making too :) Regardless, consider this your holiday card... Happy New Year! 

Janelle  – (January 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM)  

Is Mike graduating this year already? That went fast!

Grafulas  – (January 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM)  

Carl told me I'd never get my blog done if I was as "winded" as you...he's not very nice :)

Post a Comment