Happy December!

December 2, 2011

I can't believe it is already December and Christmas is just a few weeks away! I feel like ever since Mike started school this fall, we have just been going non-stop. His first semester as a grad student is almost over and all I did was blink. He spends alot of his days on campus and us girls hang out at home, or run errands, or find other ways to busy ourselves. Everyone told us that once Mike was in school we wouldn't hardly see him, but lucky for us it hasn't seemed as bad as we were warned. Either he has a light load or we are just used to his crazy workload that he had while we were at Walmart, so this doesn't seem so bad. I think it's the latter of the two. It's kind of strange being back in the college student lifestyle, after we were real "adults" for a few years, but it's been alot of fun too, and we have loved being in Provo. It is such a great family town and having the University here means there is always something to do.

Speaking of things to do, since it is officially December, the girls and I decided we wanted to get them all dolled up and take some pictures in their Christmas dresses. Seriously though, it really was their idea. I think Kylie just wanted to be able to put on the dress I kept telling her not to touch until Christmas and Emily wants to do everything Kylie does.

Merry Christmas Month!


Now, wait, let's just take a look at how this little shoot really happened... (and how I got the polka-dotted-light background aka bokeh)

Me: "Kylie will you sit nest to Emmie and put your arm around her?"
Ky: "Emmie! Let me put my arm on you-ou-ou!"

Em: "mmmmmm smarties..."

Me: "Okay, Ky, you just sit there and look pretty by yourself."
Ky: "Look how pretty my princess dress is when I twirl like this."

Me: "Emmie, come sit here by mommy."
Em: "hah hah!"

Me: "Come here, Emmie..."
Em: "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Me: "Good smiles, Emmie! Can you stand up with Kylie and show me your pretty dress?"
Ky: "Like this, Em. See my pretty dress?"


Me: "Be careful Ky, don't twirl too fast."
Em: "Ti ti ti (tickle tickle tickle)"

Yes, my girls are total hams, but it is definitely NOT always easy to actually get them to cooperate. Still, Merry Christmas Month!

Sherri Reinfurt  – (January 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM)  

I love it! I can just hear you and them through this whole converstation! Merry Christmas month! Hugs and kisses. xoxo - Mimi

Kayleen  – (January 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM)  

Love this! At least you can always get some good ones! Your girls are absolutely gorgeous! I want a baby girl as cute as either one of them. A girl can dream, right?

Post a Comment