Express Christmas

December 20, 2011

Are you a fan of the show Modern Family? Because we are! It's one of those shows that we don't get to watch at it's regular time on Wednesday nights (because it's right in the middle of bedtime), so Mike and I have special dates on Thursday nights, after the girls go to bed, when we hook up the computer to the tv and catch up on our favorite show online. If you're a fan, I hope you know what express Christmas is- (the characters threw together a pretend Christmas morning since they weren't going to be together on the real day). That's what we did while Mimi and Bapo were out here.

On the last day of their trip we started off the day with a pseudo Christmas morning. The girls were spoiled rotten ("because that's what Mimi's are for"). My mom always made Christmases for my sister and I so special and it warms my little heart to see her making them just as special for her cute little grandbabies. Even though we couldn't be with Mimi and Bapo for the 25th, it still felt just like Christmas with all of the same magic that we look forward to every year.


Remember how I mentioned the word "spoiled?" They got a 4ft tall, 4 story doll house! It has since become a semi-permanent furniture piece in our living room, mostly because I don't know where the heck to put it! The girls absolutely love it and play with it for hours every single day!
it's a little tall for them but they'll grow into it :)

Sherri Reinfurt  – (January 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM)  

these pictures make me smile - the memory is priceless! Thanks for sharing an express Christmas with us! We love you. Mimi & Bapo

titi –   – (January 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM)  

I love the pic of Loo Loo holding her new jammies up to her as if trying them on :) I miss you girls wish I could have been there ;( love you Kirby Family!

Post a Comment