Happy New Year - Kirby Style

December 31, 2011

I'm not gunna lie, we party hard for New Years in the Kirby household. 
I'm totally lying.

We acted like it was any other day of the year except that at 7:30pm we took the girls out on the front steps and banged pots and made all sorts of noise to ring in the new year. I really doubt they had a clue what was going on, but they love making noise so there were no complaints :) The early ringing with pots and pans is a tradition that I grew up with and we have since passed on to our own little girls. 
It's a fun one, even if we do get weird looks from the neighbors. 
The girls are all settled into their beds now, and  Mike and I are working on finishing our talks for church tomorrow (oh, yeah, speaking in church on the first of the new year.) ...And then we are probably just going to go to bed. ha! Party animals I'm telling you!

 Ready or not, here comes 2012!

Goings on at the Glenn's  – (April 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM)  

we didn't stay up for the new year either. I think I was in bed at 9:00 and woke up for 10 mins while the neighbors fireworks went off.

Post a Comment