She’s a Star!

November 30, 2011

{make sure you scroll all the way down for videos}
Ky had her first dance recital on the 28th. She was so excited about getting to dance on the big stage and it’s all she could talk about all day. After her quiet time and then a quick stage rehearsal we got her all dolled up and then headed to the theater and our front row seats. She got to sit with us during the show until a couple numbers before it was her turn. After every performance she would cheer and turn to me and ask “is it my turn yet?”

recital 01 recital 05   
I made sure she we all sorts of hopped up on sugar before her show. Ha! I think it goes without saying, she had plenty of energy and was extra exited. recital 06
recital 07When it was finally her turn I took her backstage to meet the rest of her class and her dance teacher in the dressing room. She looked like such a big girl. I gave her a big kiss and hug and told her she was going to do such a good job and reminded her that if she forgets she can always look at her friends for help. I waited with the other moms until all of our little girls were led to the getting-ready side of the stage and we couldn’t see them anymore. I felt like she grew up right in from of me as she was walking away, doing her own thing without mommy’s help. She was such a big girl.  
 recital 08recital 04  
I ran back to our seats just in time for me to pull out my camera and get comfortable. The theater went dark and the audience was silent. I had watched their rehearsals enough to know exactly when they were coming out onto the stage, even in the dark room. I saw Kylie’s little shadow wander out, before anyone else, and I was so proud (even if she wasn’t technically supposed to be on stage yet :) ). I couldn’t help but cheer for her, “Go Kylie!” I saw her little shadow clap for herself; it made me smile.

The music started and all of the little dancers started doing their thing. Kylie was the bestest, most cutest one up there. I was so proud.  recital 11recital 10
  recital 13recital 12  
As soon as she finished I ran backstage to go get her and give her big hugs. She was so excited! The first thing she wanted to do (after my hugs) was go see Daddy and ask if he liked the show. So she ran as fast as she could to see him…recital 09 Now that the semester is over, all she talks about is going back to dance class. It makes me so happy to watch her doing something that she loves.


Sherri Reinfurt  – (January 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM)  

Reminds me of watching you at your first dance recital - except you had a pink leotard and your panties were hanging out :) Kylie is such a big girl!

The Johnson Family  – (January 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM)  

ADORABLE! I can't wait for this stage :) She is so stinking cute!

Post a Comment