20 Weeks

May 18, 2012

I feel like I have so much to say, but I don’t know where to start. I can’t wait to meet my little man. The more I think about having a little boy, the more excited I get. I always thought I was a girl mommy, but I’m learning that I can do boys too. And I can’t wait. Baby-Brother-20-Weeksweb-with-wordsWe’re 20 weeks along and it has flown by. It’s funny how quickly #3 goes by compared to #1 & #2. He’s been kicking alot lately. I first felt him moving around at about 15 weeks, then his kicks got stronger around 18 and now Daddy and the girls can feel him too. Back on the 5th, after spending a good ten minutes with his hand on my tummy, Mike updated his facebook status with “Just felt the little guy kick for the first time... Lovin' it :)” It made me smile.

We had another ultrasound and doctor’s appointment this week. I got to see his sweet little face and hear his quick little heartbeat again. It made me melt. It makes me melt every time. It’s still amazing to me that there is a little person growing inside of me and I get to be his mommy. He’s healthy and growing strong and it is such a blessing.

This pregnancy has been pretty easy-going so far. It has had it’s challenges (as every pregnancy does), but the little kicks and flutters make all of the aches and pains worth it. My first trimester went by smoothly. I am so lucky that I don’t get very sick, just nauseous and tired. Even more tired than I was with the first two, and I’m sure that has alot to do with “the first two.” With this pregnancy though, I have had such a strong aversion to sweets (more so in the 1st tri). I have no desire to eat any of them and if I do it usually just tastes bleh. That’s really the only difference I’ve noticed between this pregnancy and the first two.

The girls are excited about baby brother. Kylie talks to my belly all the time. She likes to give him hugs and kisses. And she thinks it’s her job to tell him to “stop kicking Mommy!” I’ve had to explain to her that it’s fun when baby brother kicks mommy… They both love to try to feel baby brother kick. The first time Kylie felt him she jumped and just looked at me with her eyes open wide, “Did you feel that, Mommy? He kicked me!” For a while I had baby brother’s first ultrasound as the screensaver on my phone. When I would ask Emmie where baby brother is she would say, “Mommy’s phone!” haha, yeah, that’s true… Now she knows he’s in my tummy and tries to look at him through my belly button. Kylie tells me about all of the big girl things she is going to do when baby brother gets here, like sing him songs and tuck him in bed, but not change his diapers “because only mommies change diapers.” :)

Janelle  – (May 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM)  

"Mommy's phone!" is so cute. I love it.

Sherri Reinfurt  – (May 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM)  

OK - I'm going to cry - yep there's the tears. I can't stand being so far away! Love you - MOM

Post a Comment