Halloween 2010

November 3, 2010

We've made it a tradition the last couple years to dress up in a family themed costume. Two years ago we were a family from the 50's, last year we dressed up as Wizard of Oz characters and this year we were the Alice in Wonderland gang. I was the (nice) Queen of Hearts, Mike was the Mad Hatter, Kylie was Alice and Emily was the White Rabbit (from the original cartoon- none of this Tim Burton business). I make our costumes every year and every year I wait til the last minute and end up getting so stressed out that I vow "next year we are buying them!" But then next year will come around and I'll want to make them again, there's just something much more fun about home-made costumes.

Kylie LOVED her costume- well she loved the blue dress and insisted that it was her Princess Cinderella dress. We had to keep reminding her that it was her "Princess Alice" dress. {She still loves to run around the house in it.} And I don't think Emily really cared too much about her costume either way, but I though she looked adorable in it!

On the Friday before Halloween, Walmart HO puts on a giant trick-or-treating event for all of the kids of WM. There are always so many people there and the offices are always full-out decorated, it's alot of fun. Unfortunately, because of Mike's new job (oh, didn't I tell you? Mike got a super cool promotion- I'll have to tell you about it later...) he was stuck in a meeting during the time that the kids would be trick or treating and by the time he got out everyone was packing up. We still ended up visiting a few of Mike's friends and got to show off the girls for at least a few minutes and Ky still got plenty of candy so it wasn't such a big deal that we missed most of the event.

The next day, we had a Trunk-or-Treat that was put on by our church. They had games for the kids and trick-or-treating of course. This is the night we all got dressed up and paraded in all our glory. It was pretty fun, and again, Kylie got tons of candy. Here are our Halloween pictures from that night:



This is the only picture I got of the girls together... I'm thinking maybe we'll do a little post-halloween photo shoot so I can get more pictures of the girls in all their cuteness and more of the costumes that I spent so much time on.


The Mad Hatter passing out his candy. Thanks for dressing up for me, Babe!

Grafulas  – (November 18, 2010 at 6:21 AM)  

I'm totally impressed by your costume skills, and congrats on Mike's promotion :)

hillary  – (September 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM)  

I love it. Did you make your husbands hat? I think we are going to try this this year as my 2 1/2 year old is OBSESSED with alice!!!

Post a Comment