Some Thoughts... or "Never Thoughts" by Daddy

September 19, 2010

Being a dad has been a fun and educational development. Tonight, while spending some time with Kylie, some "never thoughts" came to mind:

I never thought I would enjoy brushing hair.
I never thought I would enjoy feet kicking me in the back as I cling on to the edge of my bed; as long as they are tiny feet.
I never thought I would care what was supposed to be in a casserole dish to a play kitchen.
I never thought hide-and-go-seek could be so much fun.
I never thought the phrase, "cold water" could be uttered so preciously.
I never thought I would enjoy slobbery kisses and Goldfish breath.
I never thought I would be so proud of crayon scribbles on scratch paper.
I never thought I'd fog up the window on the door to the nursery at church staring at my daughter.
I never thought I would enjoy driving a mini-van.
I never thought a two-year-old's prayer could be so perfect.

I can't wait for more of these "never thoughts" to come as Kylie and Emily grow.

Janelle  – (September 20, 2010 at 8:06 AM)  

Very neat post. It makes me a little emotional.

Goings on at the Glenn's  – (September 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM)  

so precious! I love it! Mike is such a great daddy! Your girls are so very lucky to have him!

Post a Comment