Meeting Hudson

September 29, 2012

Hudson's story was wonderful. It was such a special morning, one that caught us by surprise but it all happened so perfectly and I am so grateful for that. We had the amazing Jessica Kettle there to capture every detail and as soon as we get those pictures I will share his story.

For now I'll skip forward to the morning when the girls met their little brother. The night before, when we put the girls to bed, none of us knew that they'd be waking up as big sisters (again). So they were very surprised when they woke and mommy and daddy weren't there (Don't worry, we had a couple of friends taking turns staying at the house while we were at the hospital). I wish I could have seen their reactions when they heard that baby brother had come while they were sleeping. I can only imagine...

After the girls finished their breakfast at home, Mike left Hudson (who didn't have a name yet, btw) and I at the hospital to cuddle while he went to pick them up. When they got back I remember hearing their little voices coming down the hall and their excited little squeals coming from behind the curtain. Daddy pulled out the video camera, and I got ready to see my big girls (who grew up overnight). They were so excited to meet their brother (who was only a couple hours old) and they were so sweet to him right away. Kylie immediately asked if she could hold him and Emily crawled up onto the bed and just wanted to kiss him over and over again. It was such a special and surreal morning.

IMG_9976 IMG_9977 IMG_9986 IMG_9987 IMG_9995 IMG_9991 IMG_0015 IMG_0012

Our first family picture as a family of 5
IMG_9985

Grafulas  – (October 10, 2012 at 8:06 AM)  

That is so fun! One of my favorite memories is when Geryn met Elsie for the first time. You look way to good to have just had a baby, btw... Hope recovery has gone well!

Kayleen  – (October 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM)  

so cute. I am in love with that second picture of Kylie peaking through his little bed to see him. Congrats to you all.

Janelle  – (October 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM)  

Erica, you look fantastic! How do you have such a cute hospital gown?

Congrats to all of you. I love the wonderment on your girls' faces.

Post a Comment