Good Morning

September 30, 2012

It's amazing how much adrenaline kicks in after you have a baby. I hadn't slept one second the night before Hudson came (I was laboring instead) and still the next night, all I wanted to do was hold my little guy or look at him. That first night it was just me and my baby in the hospital while Mike was at home with the girlies. I missed him a lot, but it was really special having some time to myself, just me and my baby. I knew once we left the hospital it would be harder to find that quiet time again so I was taking in and enjoying every second of it. 

I slept for almost three hours that night and only because my nurse came in and told me she was going to take Baby Kirby to the nursery for monitoring (which was really just her way to get me to actually lay down and sleep). I woke up at 3am, just seconds before he was wheeled back into my room, I think my heart knew he was coming even before my mind was awake. We spent the next few hours nursing, changing alot of diapers (and only getting peed on once!), cuddling, and enjoying the sunrise out the large windows in our room. 

I felt so blessed to be able to spend the night and next morning with this little man. 

After dropping Kylie off at preschool, Daddy and Emily came to see us for a bit. Daddy spent some time with Baby Kirby, Emily took advantage of the hospital snack room and played on the ipod and I got to take in another quick little nap.

The rest of the day was pretty quiet. Daddy and the girls came back after nap time and we finally decided on a name for our little guy in the last hour of our hospital stay. We named him Hudson Edward Kirby. Hudson because I really liked the name, Edward after his grandpa and great grandpa Kirby (and many many other generations down the Kirby line), and Kirby because, as Kylie says, "he's our Kirby boy."
We finally left room 116 at about 7pm and headed home to our comfy beds and a home cooked meal.

Post a Comment