Snow Days

February 15, 2011

A couple weeks ago we had some record snowfall in Northwest Arkansas. Like, as in, it has never ever snowed that much in a single day, ever.  (It was funny because the local weatherman predicted 1-2 inches of snow that day... boy was he wrong! We ended up with 20-24 inches...)

During "Round One" of the storm I just had to go out and enjoy the snow with my Ky. There's a part of me (be it a small part) that just adores the snow, especially when it comes down in the big, fluttery flakes. It's so fresh and new and peaceful. Kylie couldn't get enough of it. She loved throwing it in the air and eating it too. When I was finally able to drag her back inside to warm up, the first thing out of her mouth was, "I wanna go outside again!"
Over the course of the week or so that we had this crazy snow we made a little snow-lady named Daisy (pictured above), threw plenty of snowballs and watched them disappear into the snow, and ate lots and lots of yummy snow ice cream. It was a great "Winter!"


Want to see how much snow we really got?

I could have sworn the south wasn't supposed to get snow like this...

Mary Partridge Brassell  – (February 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM)  

I love these pictures!
kylie is so beautiful!

Carrick  – (February 23, 2011 at 2:33 PM)  

WOW!!! I've tried really hard to have a good snow attitude this year since it's been my first living with the stuff and theres some fun to be had with it! haha. i love the photos and your snowgirl is adorable!

Post a Comment