Princesses Go on the Potty

February 5, 2011

It's official!!! I was nervous to make the announcement until we were for sure for sure, but for over a month now Kylie has been an official big girl!!! We are so proud of her!
While trying to convince her that she should use the potty, we told her that princesses go on the potty. Something clicked and she was all of a sudden super excited about the whole thing. She even told us that when she goes on the potty she gets a yellow Beauty and the Beast dress. (okay, sure. If you go on the potty you can have whatever you want!) We used m&ms and jellybeans as treats and Disney movies as motivation to fill up her sticker charts.

On the last sticker chart her prize was a "Princess Surprise." She didn't know what it was but she was sooooooooo excited about it. On the morning that she got that last sticker (and was officially in big girl panties all the time) we brought out her surprise - a yellow Beauty and the Beast dress and Cinderella glass slippers.
And she was really excited about it!
She had to put everything on immediately. And we didn't tell her how to hold her dress like a princess either, she did that all on her own.

She danced and twirled and sung her Beauty and the Beast songs all morning and has worn her princess dress just about every day since.
And then she asked the Beast to dance with her. So sweet. (After they danced Mike whispered to me, "Yep, I'm definitely going to cry when she gets married." He's such a softy when it comes to his little girls.)

[Kylie often insists that we are all characters from her favorite movie. She is always Belle, Daddy is the Beast (or Gaston, or Papa), I am Mrs. Pots, and Emily is Chip. If I try calling her by her real name she will quickly correct me, "No, I'm Belle!"]

Some of my favorite things Kylie says about Beauty and the Beast and our alter-egos:
  • "I brought back the book I bahdowed (borrowed).... Couldn't put it down... I bahdow this one... Thank you very much!" (she quotes the entire scene from the book shop and can sing most of the opening song- it's stinking adorable!)
  • "You like spot o tea, Mrs. Pots?" 
  • "No, not Em Grace. That's Chip!"
  • "Beast, you want to dance?"
  • "Daddy, sing the Gaston part."
  • "I go outside in the snow and I feed the birdies their treats."
  • ...and many many more...
Good job, KyKy Belle! We are so proud of our little Princess!

Mary Partridge Brassell  – (February 16, 2011 at 8:39 AM)  

That is so so so cute! I love all the quotes

ti ti –   – (February 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM)  

Cutest thing ever!!

She Loves The Color Pink  – (February 16, 2011 at 4:41 PM)  

I read your first line (without reading the blog title) and thought "oh my gosh, she's pregnant!" haha. But THIS is very exciting! I love her princess dress, so fun!

Carrick  – (February 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM)  

Those pics of mike and kylie dancing just melt my heart! i love to see daddy's who love their little girls! congrats on the potty training accomplishment!!! yay kylie!!!!

Post a Comment