Soccer Mom

September 23, 2011

We tried soccer. That’s right, I’m a mom that drives a mini van and takes my kiddos to soccer… Well, maybe that should say I took my kids to soccer. Let me restate my fist sentence, we tried soccer. Ha! Who were we kidding, Kylie is way too prissy for soccer. I can say that because I’m her mom (and also because she gets that from me...)

  Kylie Soccer 06Kylie Soccer 08
The MBA spouses put together a little soccer league that is completely just for fun and I thought it would be a great way for Kylie to burn off some extra energy. When I asked her if she wanted to play soccer her exact response was,

“No! Princesses don’t play soccer, they daaaaaaaaaance!”

and then she twirled away. No joke! (Who is this kid, and where does she get this from?… don’t answer that…) So for the first couple weeks, soccer was a no go. Then I randomly asked her again if she wanted to play soccer and she proceeded to tell me exactly how to play and how fun it is and begged to go. We went out and got her some cute little soccer duds (because if a princess is going to play soccer, she had better look cute, right?), a little soccer ball, and some new sneakers.
Kylie Soccer 03Kylie Soccer 02
We got to the park the first day and I could tell Ky was feeling a little nervous so we just kind of hung out on the sidelines for a little while until she was ready to go out onto the field with all her little friends. She never went out. The next week, same thing. Instead she danced on the grass and asked if she could just do Tangled (like sing and act out all of the songs). I tried really really hard to get her to go play and bribed her with everything from gummy bears to movies. nothing. By the third time I finally asked her if she wanted to just wait until next year to try again. She excitedly said yes and “I just want to do dance class, okay?”
Kylie Soccer 07Kylie Soccer 01
If nothing else, it was nice to get out and run around in the sunshine for a while. And who knows, maybe she wanted to stick to the sidelines because she would really rather just be a cheerleader… haha!

Grafulas  – (October 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM)  

Haha! I can totally imagine you being EXACTLY like this as a little girl!

Post a Comment