Summer

June 20, 2011

Summer is here! Oh man, is it ever! This summer has been one of the hottest summers I have ever experienced, and I'm not exaggerating. We have already broken so many heat records and we're only a few weeks in. Mike and I were talking the other day about how we never really got a Spring season (one of our favorite seasons). It went from freezing cold to two weeks of rain and tornadoes and then blistering heat. It's been crazy! (But it makes me wonder, would I prefer this unbearable heat or the long cold winters in Utah...? I guess we'll see...)

We are coping with the heat though, and trying to make the best of it. We rarely go outside in the middle of the day but instead, save our playtime for the late evenings when the sun sinks low and the weather is tolerable. And if we're lucky, every now and then we'll get a very slight breeze.


Kylie is Daddy's little buddy. She loves to do everything Daddy does. It's my favorite thing in the world, seeing the way my girls look up to their Daddy. We have a basketball hoop outside our house, (that we don't play with nearly enough) and went out to shoot a few hoops on one of those rare, cooler nights. It was pretty fun, and one of those "This is the life!" moments watching Ky play ball with her Daddy in the late evening sun. It's a simple life and it's a sweet life and I'm so glad it's mine.

Em and I sat on the sidelines and were their little cheerleaders. I think I was the more enthusiastic one of the two of us :)
 
Emily really wanted to play, but no one would pass her the ball. Haha. Maybe when you get a little taller, Em.

Grafulas  – (July 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM)  

It was 113 degrees here last week! I'd take winters any day--warming up is much more fun than cooling down... Emily's picture breaks my heart! Being the youngest in my family I feel her plight :)

Post a Comment