Neverland

June 8, 2012

I knew it would happen someday, and I knew I was way too lucky to have an almost 4 year old still taking two hour naps, but still, it's a little bitter-sweet that Kylie is done with N-A-P time. Every day we go up for quiet time and every day, 10 minutes later, she whispers down from the top of the stairs, "Mommy? I'm not tired anymore." Emily still sleeps like, well, a baby in the afternoons and that leaves some extra time for just me and my big girl. Even though I really miss my quiet-mommy-time-eat my chocolate in peace-afternoons, it’s been really fun having just Mommy & Kylie time again; just like the old days. Yesterday we made pizza dough together and got dinner ready (but she told me she only wanted to help if she could get dirty) and today we cuddled and watched Tinkerbell and then she let me take some pictures of her.

She is such a sweet and spunky little girl and I’m learning to accept that she’s not my “baby” anymore. It’s really hard for me to admit that. Just about every day I ask her to reassure me that she’ll always be my baby girl. She tells me yes, but I don’t think she knows just how fast she is growing up. It’s so wonderful to watch but it makes my heart ache just a little knowing that in just a couple months she’ll be old enough to leave me for a few hours every day and spend it making new friends and learning new things and having new experiences without her mommy. Oh, boy, I’m going to be a mess when I drop her off for her first day of Preschool. She was accepted to the BYU Preschool which we are so excited about. It is such a great program and (even though I want to cry just thinking about it) I can’t wait to hear all of her stories about school at the end of each day. She’s my big girl and now that her naps are gone and preschool is coming, I think I have to finally come to grips with the fact that my little Ky is growing up… sigh…
IMG_5078webdoubleIMG_5083webdouble
playing peek-a-boo with baby brother.
IMG_5090webIMG_5101webIMG_5112webIMG_5129webdouble


Don’t you wish there was a real Neverland where children never grew up? I do :)

Janelle  – (June 8, 2012 at 8:48 AM)  

I know how you feel. My four-year-old Julie is too big. This morning when we woke up, she asked me very politely, "How are you feeling this morning, Mommy?"

Sherri Reinfurt  – (June 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM)  

Takes me back to when you were four years old. sigh. Love you.
Mom

titi –   – (June 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM)  

OMG i cried :( miss her

Post a Comment