Baby Girl

October 28, 2011

Baby Girl is getting old. Not really, but it sure feels like it. She’s got a cute little personality and a big attitude to go with it. She is the sweetest little thing but can be sooooooooo loud at the same time! When she gets really excited she screams, and it’s not just a cute little yelp, it’s a full on, glass-shattering scream. She’s loud, did I mention that? but she still melts our hearts :)

 



She is the cuddliest baby girl. She still loves to be held (but not in a needy way) and she loves snuggling with Mommy and Daddy and even Kylie. Her favorite place to sit is on my lap. I love the way she turns around and scoots back into my lap before she sits down, that’s my favorite. Her favorite part of our bedtime routine is definitely brushing her teeth. She is great at miming brushing her teeth and gets really excited when we guess her charade correctly and follow her to the bathroom. Her favorite bedtime story is Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? When she is ready for bed she grabs her sippy cup, one baby under each arm and then heads into her room. I help her throw her babies into her crib, she gives me big hugs, points out my eyes, nose, mouth, ears and hair, gives me a kiss and then literally dives into her bed.  When she wakes up in the morning, her beautiful red hair looks like this and she’s starting to get a cowlick on the left side of her head where she smooshes her face into her pillow while she sleeps with her little bum up in the air.

Emily's Bed Head

 

She is incredibly selfless. It’s hard to say that about a 16 month old, but she really is. She is always sure to give Kylie her sippy cup, or fruit snacks, or tooth brush first. Every time I get a drink for the girls Emily follows me straight into the kitchen and insists that she be the one to deliver the cup to Kylie (before she even gets her own). There have even been a few times that I was not filling them up fast enough and she let me know it! Tonight she overlooked her own little toothbrush to find Kylie’s and take it to her before she started brushing her own teeth. Every time she does something like this it makes me happy. She’s a sweet little thing.

 



Speaking of little thing- she really is little. At her last check up she was in the 25th percentile for height and 40th for weight (as the nurse put it “she’s short, and just a little chunky” Haha!) It’s funny to see the stark difference in size between her and her big sister (who has never been less than the 90th percentile in both h&w) - sure, they are almost two years apart, but still, Emmie is just so tiny.

 


 


She loves to dance and twirl right alongside her big sis. She loves to play dress up. She sings along with our singing princess microphone and insists on performing for us on top of the coffee table-stage. She loves to sort anything and everything. She is very organized and has some slight OCD/perfectionist tendencies just like her mommy… She loves playing with baby dolls. Today she held her baby close, shhhh’ed her while patting her back, wrapped her in a tiny blanket, sat down and started rocking her and gave baby a little kiss on the forehead. Seriously, cutest thing ever.

 


She is the pickiest eater I have ever known in my life! If all else fails, I at least know she will eat bread and cheese… most of the time. When we do find something she likes, she will pretty much inhale it, but then the next time I make it she acts likes it’s the grossest thing she has ever seen(?)!!

She is very talkative, but talkative in the way that only Mommy can understand her :) She also knows how to get exactly what she wants without having to say a single word. Here are some of the words she loves to say:

 



Mom  -  Dad  -  Up  -  Open  -  Out  -  Milk  -  More  -  Again  -  Hi  -  Choo Choo  -  Baby  -  Mine  -  Teeth  -  Uh Oh  -  Knock Knock  -  Bye  -  Yes  -  No  -  (ba)nana  -  Cheese  -  Bread  -  Jesus  -  (oh gosh, there’s so much more but I’m spacing right now… I’ll update later)

 





I just love that little Emmie Grace. All this talk about her makes me want to go wake her up and cuddle…. maybe just for a minute, afterall, she loves it just as much as I do :)

titi –   – (November 30, 2011 at 6:43 AM)  

awww so sweet :)

Post a Comment