Naptime is for babies

September 13, 2011

Lately Kylie has been very anti-naptime, even though mommy is incredibly pro-naptime. We will do our whole routine: read stories, sing a song, kiss goodnight and close the door. Then a few minutes later, and until I go in to finally let her come back downstairs, I hear laughing and jumping and singing and who knows what else. I’ll go upstairs to remind her she needs to be sleeping but as soon as she hears my footsteps she hurries and jumps back into bed, shuts her eyes tight, and pretends she was sleeping the whole time. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal if she seemed to just be growing out of naptime, but believe you me, she is not a happy camper by the time 6pm rolls around if she hasn’t had her nap. Either that or she’ll fall asleep in the car if we go out anywhere after 4pm, and I don’t know if you know this, but grocery shopping with a sleeping 3 year-old on your shoulder and a 1 year old in the cart is not the easiest thing in the world.  

 

 

 

  

Today, she sat in her room (playing, not sleeping!) for a good hour before I decided she could just come hang out with Mommy. When I walked into the room she was so excited to show me that her babies were playing Horsey

.

 

 

 

 

Naptime Animals

Ugh, why does she have to be so cute when she’s NOT SLEEPING! I’m not ready for naptimes to end!

Mary Partridge Brassell  – (October 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM)  

Oh I have been there! That is the cutest thing. So many times I walk in to Caity's room ready to really lay down the law and I look at how cute she is I find myself allowing her to come play with me. Good luck to you!

Post a Comment