Back in Idaho!

August 28, 2011

It had been faaaaaar too long since we had been to Idaho so as soon as Mike was done with his school orientation we headed up to the Gem State to spend some much needed time with family. It felt so good to be back. I didn't grow up there, I really only spent a few years there (and every year I would gripe about how I couldn't wait to get out of the snow), but now, going back makes me feel like we're going home.

The girls had so much fun playing with their grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was just another reassurance this is where we need to be; out west and close to our family. The girls stayed up way past their bedtime every night and ate way too many sweets, but they were so happy the whole time we were up there and isn't that what visiting family is all about?

One of the days we were up in Idaho, we drove up to Rexburg to take a little walk down memory lane. Mike and I both did our undergraduate studies at BYU-I and we really loved that quaint little town. We made "Aunt Tatie" tag along with us too because our girls just can't get enough of her! We drove around and played the "remember that one time..." game and did all of the fun things that we never did before we had kids. I never realized how completely family oriented Rexburg is, but then again, I've never had kids while I was there either. One thing that I always wanted to do but couldn't justify doing was riding the carousel at Porter Park. It is so Small Town USA and I love it!




Mommy only brought enough cash to ride the carousel once :( so poor Ky had to sit outside the gates and just watch as the horsies spun round and round.


Emily, on the other hand, really wasn't that impressed in the first place so she was cool with it.

Post a Comment