28th

April 19, 2013

For the last few months I've been giving Mike the hardest time abut turning 30 (of course none of it phased him). All of that talk about turning 30 though had me thinking that I was turning 30 too. So I was super excited when my actually day came around and I realized I was only turning 28! 

To celebrate we went to our new favorite little spot, Thanksgiving Point, and enjoyed their annual Tulip Festival. I try to remind Mike that my tulips are my favorite flower as often as possible, just in case he wants to surprise me with some at any given time. It was the perfect spring day. I wore a really cute outfit with my new cute boots and felt like the cutest 28 year old there :) We were silly, we skipped, we danced, we played, we embarrassed Mike, all of my favorite things! 
After spending the day out and about we came back in the evening to the most glorious desert you could ever imagine. I made this triple chocolate cheesecake, and I kid you not, I ate 90% of it by myself. The girls each had a tiny sliver, Mike had a tiny piece, and over the course of the next few days I ate the rest. And I don't regret a single calorie of that heavenly desert. 
 My babes sang me "happy birthday"and I finished the perfect day with lots of hugs and kisses. It really was one of my most favorite birthdays to date. The weather was perfect, the food was ridiculous and the company was the best.

Happy Birthday to me!

Post a Comment