My Birthday According to Instagram

April 14, 2012

Well, I turned the big 2-7 this year. If you know me at all you know that I make a huge deal out of my birthday. I am sure to tell everyone I see that it is my special day and I pretty much expect to have the world bow down to me on that day. No, seriously, just ask Mike :) I was spoiled (just like I wanted to be) this year. 

I woke up to the perfect breakfast. My absolute favorite belgium waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Oh heavens, such a delicious way to start your day! Emily really enjoyed the whipped cream too. 

I spent the day with my two favorite girls while Mikey was at school. When he got home he surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and date night. We dropped the girls off at a friend's house and went out to a real sit-down restaurant :) La Jolla Groves in Orem, if you haven't been there, you need to go. The food was so great (get the salmon!), the atmosphere was unreal, and the prices weren't too high at all (surprisingly). By the way, those are lemon trees inside the restaurant (fake, but still, so pretty). Dinner was perfect and then we just walked around until it was time to pick up the girlies.

We had cheesecake waiting for us at home and it was oh so yummy. Everyone sang me the famous birthday song as I reveled in my last few hours as the birthday girl and enjoyed that yummy cake.

It was the perfect birthday spent with my favorite people. Now, only 364 days until my next one :)

Janelle  – (April 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM)  

Happy birthday! I love the picture of you and Mike -- great memory photo!

Post a Comment