My Babies Are Crazy!

January 30, 2012

I often feel bad about being such a bad blogger. Especially when I have friends and family constantly telling me that I need to update my blog. I just shrug and look away and sheepishly reply, "i know..." It's overwhelming though sometimes, especially when you go a while without. How on earth are you supposed to remember everything in order to catch up. Am I doing my family a disservice by not writing down every detail of our lives in order to remember it in the future? That's the whole reason I started this little thing years ago, for my family, and dog-gone-it, I am going to get better!... maybe...

I originally wrote this little entry on my photo blog (which is also very neglected, so don't feel like I only ignore this one). Anyway, I wrote this entry on my photo blog originally but I think it really belongs here. Here's a little look into what we do, how prissy my little three year old is and why I have trouble getting pictures of my own crazy kids. 

It's no secret that I adore my own two little munchkins more than anything in this world. If you're new to my blog you should know, I have two of the cutest, spunkiest kids on this planet- but I'm partial. Even with all their cuteness though, I found myself slacking on taking photos of them lately. After a little kick in my own tushy and a little slap on my wrist we pulled out the camera and what do you know, Kylie actually sat still for me and, dare I say, posed too. Oh, happy day! Emily, on the other hand, would have nothing to do with it. Even with my pockets full of smarties, she had better things to do than sit (or even be in the same room) for mommy. Ha! But that's the story of most 18 month-olds, right? Ky only lasted about 3 minutes herself, but I'll still consider it a success & I'm seriously contemplating blowing up the first one to a giant canvas. Wouldn't that be fabulous?
utah photographer - photo tips 02
utah photographer - photo tips 03a
utah photographer - photo tips 05b
My whole set up for these few little shots were super easy too.  Here's a little peak at how we set it up- I never do these pull backs so I thought it might be fun to see, especially because of how easy it was to get this light. I had Ky hold a reflector on her lap for a couple shots but when she got sick of holding that we switched to a white blanket which did the same thing & was a much better prop for her to sing her princess songs with. I'm telling you, we are going to be in trouble when this little prima donna is a teenager :)
take better photos of your kids 01
utah photographer - photo tips 04

That blanket on Kylie's lap was made by my G.G. (great grandma Juanita). I can't even tell you how excited I was when my mom called and told me that she found GG's blanket and was sending it my way. The other side is a beautiful diamond patchwork design. (I wish I knew the story behind it, if there is one.) It reminds me of her and growing up and I love it. It drapes across the back of the couch in our living room so I can see it everyday and be reminded of where I came from. I love it and am so grateful to have this family treasure in our home.

Janelle  – (April 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM)  

I just recently had a neat family history photo experience with my youngest. I wish I'd had my reflector already, but I bought it the week after. You can read it on my blog.

I do love that first one of Kylie. The second one, too -- very soft and feminine.

Post a Comment