Starting out 2012

January 2, 2012

We started 2012 with a crazy day! The new year started on a Sunday and on that day we were packed full. First, our usually leisurely morning was cut short because church now starts at 9am (we can't even get to church on time at 1pm so you can see why this was a big deal). Plus, Mike and I were both asked to be the speakers. We found out later that our talks would be setting the theme for the ward focus for the rest of the year- no pressure... We had a brand new primary class to teach and lessons to prepare that day, and on top of all that, our little girls were becoming official big girls! Kylie had her first day in Primary as a Sunbeam and Emily went to nursery for the first time. I was secretly hoping at least one of them would have a melt down because they missed me so much, but they both did so great and were so excited for their new classes. 
What a way to start the year, right? I can't believe our big girls are "real" big girls now. They were both so excited to tell us all about their new classes and new teachers when we got home from church. Ky's new teachers are our neighbors (who she loved to begin with), she loves telling us all about Chad and Chelsea and how she sang and danced in primary... pretty sure you're not really supposed to dance during sharing time, but you just can't keep her down when there is music playing :) And Emily kept going on about the slide and bubbles in Nursery. I wish I could just be a fly on the wall and watch them learning and getting excited. It's hard to be a part of their every second of every day and then have to just sit and wonder what they are doing when they are away from you. Call me silly, but it was a bit of a bittersweet day, watching my girls grow up right in front of me :)

Happy New Year!

Grafulas  – (March 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM)  

I get it. Your girls are so cute though and you are such a great mom!

Mary Partridge Brassell  – (March 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM)  

That is how I feel with Caity- I am in primary and catch myself oblivious to my class sometimes to watch her singing the songs and raising her hand. It is such a bittersweet time!

Post a Comment