We Went to California

May 26, 2011

I went out to California to shoot a wedding in May (isn't my job the coolest?) and decided to bring the girls along with me so they could see family and meet some that they'd never met before. Mike had to stay behind and do that job thing (boooo). I keep telling him he needs to quit that thing and just stay at home with us all day, but then he reminds me that we need bacon if we want to eat and live in our house. (Bacon Schmacon.) But I digress... It was a busy busy week and our trip pretty much revolved around the wedding (naturally) but we did have some down time and got to spend time with some of my fabulous family.

We spent alot of time hanging out with Papa T. It always makes me smile to see my big tough dad playing with my cute little girlies. No matter how tough he thinks he is, he just melts for these girls.

 

While we were there we were able to see (almost) every member of my immediate/extended family on my mom's and dad's side. That hasn't happened since I was a little girl! It was wonderful! My mom (Mimi) and Bapo came out and so did my sister, Toots, or Titi as she's called by my girls. My dad's mom, Inky Grandma (or Inky G.G. to my girls) and her good friend Billie, came down from Washington. My Mom's Mom and Dad (who, growing up, we always called Regular Grandma and Grandpa Graves) and my Aunts and Uncles and cousins were all there too. (Confused by all the strange nicknames? Don't worry, you'll catch on soon enough.) It was so great seeing everyone! On Sunday afternoon we had a birthday/anniversary party for (Regular) Grandma and Grandpa.


The guests of honor. Aren't they cute?

The family and a couple of G&G's old friends.

My dad's secret weapon- Mickey Mouse clubhouse on his phone. Gets 'em every time.

My adorable Inky Grandma. I just love her!

Kylie was napping for most of the party and when she finally woke up, the first (and only) thing she wanted to do was get all dressed-up. It was a party after all.

My cousin Matt playing paper dolls with Ky.
Oh man, were my girls spoiled with all of this family around. No seriously, not just in quality time, we had to ship a huge box of gifts home because it wouldn't all fit in our suitcases.

After we left CA we flew straight out to New Hampshire where I was shooting another wedding the following week. (Pictures from that leg of the trip are coming next). And in case you were wondering, yes, the time changes were horrible. We went from AR to CA, which is two hours behind, and then to NH, which is three hours ahead, and then back one hour to AR- all within two weeks. My poor girls' schedules were so messed up and it didn't really help that right before we left Emily started the separation anxiety phase. But considering all that, they actually did pretty well and we only had a few complete meltdowns. Thank goodness we had our family there to help keep us sane :)

Post a Comment