Georgia Aquarium

April 25, 2011

We went to Atlanta last weekend. It was so fun spending time in a big city. I guess I've spent too much time living in suburbia because I was amazed by all of the tall buildings and traffic and crazy drivers (all things that I grew up with back in California). The weekend really revolved around work and a wedding I was shooting but we had some down time to go sight-seeing and enjoy the city.

On Saturday we went to the Georgia Aquarium. It was really big (like, biggest aquarium in the US) but also really crowded. (Who's idea was it to go to the Aquarium on a Saturday afternoon???) I'll let you in on a little secret, I really, really don't like unorganized crowded places. So it took a few deep breaths when we first walked in but once we got into the individual exhibits where there was a little less chaos it was really neat. It is so amazing to think about the world that exists in our oceans and streams that we really only get a glimpse of in these aquariums. It is all so beautiful. The girls seemed to really enjoy it too. To Kylie everything was from Finding Nemo so she was really excited about the fish and sharks she was seeing and Emily just liked all of the pretty lights and colors.


Now that we are parents, we have the inherent duty to spoil our children by buying toys in gift shops everywhere we go. So we stopped in and let the girls pick out a little stuffy to take home. Ky actually picked out both, a little white beluga whale for Em Grace and a pink squeaky penguin for herself. (I couldn't pick just one picture of the girls and their stuffies because I thought the whole sequence of pictures told the story much better.)
P.S. How great is Emily's hair??? That's all natural baby!

HAYHAY  – (April 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM)  

I adore your magical pictures... seriously. They make me want to be at the aquarium.

jess bahr  – (May 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM)  

Erica!
I have been meaning to write on your blog for a long time now! You are an amazing photographer....I'm excited that you are moving to the UT area -- maybe I can talk you into taking some family pics for us!
Oh, and your girls are just GORGEOUS...I can tell they are full of personality and fun :)

Post a Comment