26 Years Young

April 23, 2011

Kylie learned how to sing "Happy Birthday" all by herself this year. About a month before my birthday I told her mommy's birthday was coming up and from then until my birthday, she sang me that special song at least a few times a day. She would ask me, "Mommy, what I get you for your birthday?" and I would say, "I don't know, Kylie. What are you going to get me for my birthday?" then she would shout, "Oh! Cake and candles, and you blow like this (and then she would blow) and ballooooooons! Oh, and I want that too!" We had that same conversation a number of times. She made me feel so special for that whole month leading up to my birthday!

You know who else made me feel so special? My amazing husband! When I woke up in the morning he played with the girls out in the living room while he finished getting ready for work so I could sleep in for an extra 20 minutes. Then, when I got up, I found a sweet card and two bags of yummy chocolates waiting for me on the counter. That's always a great way to start my day!

Later that afternoon he gave me the most wonderful gift ~ A Jo Totes camera bag!

Seriously, it is so amazingly cute and I have been drooling over these for a while (like facebook stalking and mindlessly browsing their website). And the best part? It was a complete and total surprise. I think he was just as excited to watch me open it as I was to receive it. I didn't even tell him that was what I wanted let alone the exact color I would have picked out myself. I don't know how he did it, but he scored some MAJOR points! I love it love it love it!

We spent my birthday evening in the car driving halfway to Atlanta for a wedding I was shooting that weekend (we drove the other half the next morning). We enjoyed a yummy McDonalds dinner (which tasted especially good since we hadn't eaten out in a few weeks after making a goal not to eat out as often), watched our favorite, "Tangled," and sang and made silly faces and even napped.
 The girls did so good on our trip. We really only had one melt down on the whole 24 hour round-trip drive, and it was during the last stretch of the 12 hour drive home. They were such little troopers. We had a blast in Atlanta too by the way and I have pictures coming soon of the fun we had there.

My birthday was so great! I have the greatest family that made me feel so special on my special day.

Janelle  – (April 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM)  

I actually am not normally a fan of the camera bags that look like ginormous purses, or of yellow, but I LOVE that bag! It's so cute! I've looked at Jo Totes before, but I don't remember that model -- is it new(ish)?

Happy birthday!

Carrick  – (April 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM)  

awe yay! What a fun birthday! and i LOVE the camera bag! very cute!

Post a Comment