Furry Blankets

February 12, 2013

Okay, let's just go ahead and put it out there. Let's talk about the elephant on my blog. 

Yes, I blogged every day in January and for 36 consecutive days... and then I stopped. I was on quite the little roll there, and feeling pretty proud of myself, but then my poor little guy got sick. It turned into one thing after another and something had to be put on the back-burner, and that was my late night blogging sessions... So I will go ahead and give myself a big pat on the back for a month of blogging well done, but now I'm going back to a more manageable schedule and of course a little catch-up. 

February, and this whole winter in general, has been kicking our little tushies. Hudson was the first to get sick this month. He had a nasty little bout with croup which actually ended up keeping us from flying back to New Hampshire, because his pediatrician said he was too sick to fly :( poor little guy. He's all better now though (thank goodness!) But thanks to our late night all night/mostly asleep nursing sessions, I got a fun week full of mastitis. Ugh! I swear, a sick mommy is no good. Lucky for all of us, once the antibiotics kicked in I was able to at lease crawl to the kitchen to make some meals. I kid, I kid... but seriously, we spent almost two days just bunkered down in my bedroom because I couldn't move. Mastitis is no fun. 
020413-2 copy
Through all of the yuckies and sick buggies we've still be doing great. Our little guy is just growing and growing (and it kills me but I love it). Everywhere we go people are blown away by how big he is; He's growing out of his 9 month clothes and creeping over into the 12 month side of his closet (he's only 4 months...) He's cute as can be and becoming so social. He reminds us alot of Kylie at this age. He smiles and plays with everyone and is very outgoing. But he is still a complete Mama's boy. He will go to anyone (as long as I am within view) and he loves to be tickled. 

[Mike doesn't like it when I tickle him, he says it's not fair since Hudson can't fight back... that coming from the man that is just as ticklish as his baby boy! I think it brings back memories of being pinned down and tickled by his older brother when he was a kid :) ]

Now if I could just get this little booger to start sleeping through the night again, we'd be all set. Ever since he got sick he thinks its fun to wake up 3-5 times during the night. Newsflash Hudson, Mommy needs her sleep, and as much as I love our 3 am slumber parties... I think it's time we called it quits with the up all night thing... mmmkay?
020413-1 copy

Post a Comment