Day One with My Guy

September 30, 2012

This time around our hospital stay was alot different than it was when we had each of the girls. There was alot of quiet time with just me and my baby boy while Mike was taking care of the girls at home for meals, naps and bedtimes or bringing them to and from the hospital. Let's be honest, there really isn't much for a 2 and 4 year old to do in a hospital room so they weren't there for very long at a time. I missed having Mike there with us, but it's kind of how it all seemed to work out with brother coming 6 days early and our plan A (my mom was going to be there in a couple days to watch the girls for us) turning into a hurried plan B. Luckily, we did have a couple of friends that offered to take the girls for a few hours in the evening so Mike could get back and spend some time with his new son before getting back to put the girls to bed. 

During most of the afternoon though, it was me and my new guy. Thats the greatest thing about being in the hospital, you have people taking care of you and you get to just sit there and get to know your new baby. Those were some of my favorite moments of the whole day, sitting in the quiet room with my little boy, just staring at him. 

IMG_0038c
IMG_0050 IMG_0038cc IMG_0057 IMG_0067
When Mike got back after dinner to spend a couple hours with us, it was the perfect way to end the most perfect day. He sat in the rocking chair cuddling his new baby and I just watched. It's amazing to see the man you love holding your brand new baby, and it's even more amazing to feel your love grow in that very moment. I am a very lucky mommy, a very, very lucky mommy. 

Janelle  – (October 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM)  

Omigoodness he's soooo chubby! I love those cheeks!!

Post a Comment