Four!

August 21, 2012

It happened, my baby turned 4...
Why is it that four seems so much older than three? I don't think I will ever get used to her growing up, but she still tells me that she'll always be my baby so that will have to do for now :)
We had a low key birthday celebration for our little Ky on her actual B-day. We went to church in the morning, where she requested that her hair be in curlies, and all her little friends sang to her while she danced around at the front of the class. (Yes, we may have been spying from the hallway and that might be how I know that...) Then after a little lunch and quiet time she opened a few presents. 
She is mildly obsessed with the show Doc McStuffins. Have you seen it? It's an adorable show on Disney Jr. about a little girl that fixes broken toys. We love it in this house, so she was beyond thrilled to find that most of her presents revolved around that doctor theme. 
Kylie picked meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob for her birthday dinner this year (which just happened to be my birthday dinner that I would always pick growing up, funny huh?) After our yummy dinner we had some peach jello cupcakes that she picked out herself, complete with the swirled whipped cream and strawberry on top. She was very specific about needing the strawberry on top. 
Mimi and Bapo even joined in on the action and spent some time watching in on FaceTime. Mimi cried. You see now where I get all of my sobbiness from :)
I think our little four year old had a pretty special day. She kept talking about how great it was and thanking us for making it so nice. We love you little monkey! Thanks for being ours! (and also, please try not to grow up anymore.)

Grafulas  – (September 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM)  

Isn't it crazy to know you've been a Mom for four years, and you've almost got as many kids as the years you've started?! Four looks good on Kylie :)

Post a Comment