Rain

March 2, 2011

I love the rain, I really do. It's so fresh and clean and the sound of it is so comforting to me. I love sleeping in on rainy mornings because my house stays dark and therefore my babies sleep in. I love sitting by myself under a warm blanket (while that babes are napping), no lights on, just the soft glow from the overcast skies coming through the window, listening to the rain beat against the rain gutters. I love the smell of wet cement and especially the way it lingers in the air even after the rain has stopped. I love that rain means that spring is just around the corner; that makes me a happy girl.

During breakfast the other day I said to Kylie: "Look, Ky! It's raining." To which she replied, "Oh! I want to go out there! And wif my um[br]ella... and you take 'titures of me!" We grabbed our shoes, found an umbrella, and Kylie watched the rain from under it's canopy.

I love being able to experience the wonders of this world through the eyes of my wonderful two-year-old.

Grafulas  – (March 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM)  

I love rain during the middle of the summer when it's ridiculously hot for days on end :) In the spring I think it makes everything smell like worms. Kylie's adorable and her hair has gotten so long!

Post a Comment