Hello Twenty-Eleven!

January 4, 2011

Let me just tell you, we Kirbys are par-tay animals. New Years Eve went like this: lounged around the house, ate some food, put the girls to bed about 8pm, cuddled on the couch watching TV while we waited for the ball to drop, fell asleep on said couch at 11pm. Man oh man! What a crazy night! How is it that I can stay up until 3am every other night editing pictures or updating blogs, but on the night that it is expected that we stay up until at least midnight, I completely conk out an hour early? It was still a fun night and a funny memory. I guess that's what happens when you turn old... And considering I fell asleep at 9:30pm last year, I did pretty good this go around :)

We started off the year Twenty-Eleven with some new experiences for Miss Emily. Our big girl turned 6 months old on the first (yes, it really is true) and finally tried some solid foods. At first she didn't quite understand how the whole spoon to mouth thing worked, but she quickly figured it out and is now eating like a champ. She especially loves those little Mum Mum rice rusks (I know, no nutritional value, but she likes chomping on them while we are eating our dinner). When we pop one out for her, her little arms and legs go crazy in her high chair and her little lips purse so tight. It's pretty cute.

A little appetizer before the big meal...
What? Do I have something on my face?
Eh, I've had better...

Post a Comment