One More Week!!!

June 24, 2010

Until we get to meet this little angel...

I think she looks just like Kylie with those yummy chubby cheeks and that little button nose! I feel like we cheated a little bit by getting a look at her before she actually arrives, but it really makes me even more excited to meet her! We had an ultrasound last Tuesday just to measure her size and make sure that she isn't going to be as big as Kylie was (yikes) and everything looked great! She is right on track and we are still all set to be induced on Thursday, July 1st, 2010!!! We are scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 am and hopefully it wont be too long after that that we are holding our newest little beauty. It is all still a little surreal to me that there is even a baby inside of my tummy let alone the fact that I will be having her next week. It makes me really want to cherish these last few days when it will be just me and my buddy, Ky to storm the castle. And then, wow, I will have two little buddies. And Mike will be outnumbered 3-1. :)

Kylie is going to be such an amazing big sister. She loves "Baby Sissy." She loves to give her hugs and kisses and tickles and I think she really does understand that there is a baby in there and that we get to hold her next week. I have been asking her, "How do we hold Baby Sister?" and she cradles her arms and does rock-a-bye baby and gives kisses to the imaginary sister in her arms. Just thinking about watching the look on Kylie's face when she sees her baby for the first time makes me cry. I have already cried more times than I can count this week thinking about how amazing of a sister Kylie is going to be and how she is turning into such a big girl. Darn it... now I'm crying again... I blame it on the hormones...
Kylie has been with us to every prenatal appointment and she has caught on to the routine checks that the doctor does on Mommy's tummy. She especially likes the Doppler machine that lets us hear baby's heartbeat. She imitates the "whaa whaa whaa" sound all the time when referring to my belly. A couple weeks ago, she even started checking the baby's heartbeat at home using her xylophone mallet and holding it up to my tummy while saying "whaa whaa whaa." I love that little girl!
So here we are... The countdown is on.

We couldn't be more excited to start this new chapter of our lives as a family of four!

Diana  – (June 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM)  

Erica, you look beautiful, seriously. You are what they're talking about when they say that pregnant women "glow"! Good luck, I am so excited for you. Enjoy these last couple days with Kylie. I understand completely how you're feeling. I try to savor this time with Ella cause I know that even though it will better when the babies come, it won't be just me and her anymore. Anyway, it's totally the hormones...at least if it's not then I'm crazy too, I cry all the time about it! Good luck! You guys are awesome!

Janelle  – (June 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM)  

Erica, you look gorgeous. I can't wait to see Baby Sissy. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Kylie in action with her.

Post a Comment