It's the Great Pumpkin...

October 27, 2009

So every year I like to go all out when carving my pumpkins. One year I did a portrait of myself and my three college roommates. The next year I did a portrait of the prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. Then I carved my wonderful husband and I (and ended up winning 50 bucks for that one... :) So this year, Mike was in charge of a youth activity for our church and they were doing pumpkin carving. He wanted me to come along and demonstrate a different way to carve a pumpkin. So I whipped up this little puppy of our baby Ky for the activity. I wanted to do one of each of us before Halloween but, frankly, I just don't have the time and I really don't feel like cleaning up pumpkin guts again...



Right now our pumpkin is sitting in our fridge, where it's been for the last 6 days... I am hoping that, by some miracle, it will make it to Saturday so I can put it on the front porch in time for trick-or-treaters.

Goings on at the Glenn's  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM)  

very cool Erica! you did a great job. I don't think I'd have the patience to carve like that. Good job though!

James and Christina Carrick  – (October 28, 2009 at 11:13 PM)  

you never cease to impress me! ive gotten so lazy that my signature pumpkin the past couple years has been the cyclops, with one big triangle for an eye in the middle and a little shape underneath cut out for the mouth. haha. Someday maybe you can learn me a thing or two about the art of pumpkin carving!

kirbt  – (October 31, 2009 at 8:47 AM)  

Wow girl that is impressive! You are very talented,great job!You need to teach me to be that artistic and paitent.How long did that take you? GREAT JOB!

Nicole  – (November 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM)  

That is so cool! So how do you do that?? Not that I'd ever even try... =)

Post a Comment