Memorial Day

June 7, 2011

I'm pretty sure it's an unwritten rule that you have to go swimming on Memorial Day. It's a rule in our house at least. We pulled out the 'ol inflatable pool, slathered on a half a bottle of sunscreen, and had a blast. Kylie is such a little water baby. She loves to play in water, not so much swim, just play and pour and spray and splash.

We barbequed some burgers, ate potato salad, watermelon, and corn on the cob, and kicked the summer off right. I just adore summer! (I just wish it wasn't so darn hot here! :)



Notice the sweet patch job. Remember that, you'll see it again later... This is how she poses when I ask her to smile for a picture. Cracks me up.

She's such a ham.


Gol' he's good looking...



Is she mine, or what???



I think this is my favorite. Yes, yes it is.

"Mommy, take a picture of me smiling like this... CHEEEESE!"

Remember our redneck patch job? It didn't last. This is what our pool looked like the next day, and yes, we still played in it. We called it the "puddle." Haha! And even more redneck, Emily is chilling in the puddle in her onesie. Oh boy, we may not be perfect, but we are having a great time!
[Now, let me just tell you that this is the scariest post I have ever posted because it shows me... in a... swimsuit... (gulp). Something I'm sure many people, including myself, would never even think about posting. But I love the memories associated with these pictures and I want to remember how Kylie and I laughed and played together, because in 20 years, when I look back at this, I wont notice all of the things I wish were different now, I will only see how we laughed and how we love each other.]

Halie  – (July 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM)  

I can't believe how big your girls are getting! They are SO stinkin cute Erica! I love reading your posts!

Kayleen  – (July 10, 2011 at 10:40 PM)  

I think you look great! In fact, the first pic of you in a swimsuit made me jealous that I don't look that good in a suit. I LOVE the pics of you and Kylie. What a fun mommy you are!

Goings on at the Glenn's  – (July 12, 2011 at 11:20 AM)  

your girl will be appreciative that you have pictures with you in them as well. They will look back and remember you as part of their memories. You look beautiful too!

Post a Comment