My Valentines

February 19, 2011

I just love LOVE day! Especially when I get to spend it with the people I love most in this world!

I like to do fun little things on Valentine's Day (that tend to embarrass my husband). This year, Mikey found little love notes and a car covered in lovey-dovey car chalk writing (You know, the stuff you used to decorate your car during homecoming when you were in high school.) I think that was the embarrassing part... but he just laughed. I think he's just come to expect stuff like that. And I was woken up to Kylie's excited little screeches as she brought me a singing Disney Princess card that she picked out all by herself.

After Daddy left for work, Ky and I enjoyed some heart-shaped french toast and orange slices. (I discovered a new recipe for french toast by the way and it is divine! Who knew french toast needed a recipe???) So festive, right?

I made these cute little decorations for my mantle. Felt is my new best friend by the way. There were more decorations throughout the house, but I was too lazy to take pictures... (what? I'm just being honest.)

After breakfast the UPS man knocked on our door (Am I the only one who gets super giddy, heart racing and everything when the UPS guy knocks on my door?) It was a special Valentine package from Mimi! Cute little outfits for the girls, some princess panties for Ky, jingle toys for Em, and an adorable book to share. Here are some pictures of the girls in their cute new duds. Kylie picked the location and poses for all of these pictures (she makes me laugh).

(I know that most of you will probably stop reading at this point since there are no more pictures, but for the sake of memories, I want to write down what we did for the rest of our special day...) Daddy brought home a bouquet of gorgeous flowers at lunch time. He even picked everything out himself and had them arrange it with my favorite flowers: Roses, lilies, daisies, those other pretty ones that I don't know the name but get them every time I buy flowers... He's so thoughtful. He also gave me a really sweet card (which is big because he hates store-bought cards) and a gift certificate to get a mani and pedicure.

I got a babysitter that night (which Mike didn't know about) and went to pick him up from work. He was very surprised when he went to look in the backseat and there were no little babies there. It was our second, (you heard me right) second time going on a date, just the two of us, since Kylie was born. (I think we need to work on that...) We went to Chik-fil-A which I thought would be prefect since Mike likes simple, inexpensive dates like that. They were having a special Valentines Date Night so there were table cloths and live music and everything. Fancy, huh? Most of our date was spent talking about the girls or awkwardly asking each other "first date" questions and blushing when we would accidentally brush up against one another.  

After dinner we headed home to our girls, put them to bed and then enjoyed cuddling on the couch while we ate big bowls of  "Chocolate Covered Strawberries" Blue Bell ice cream. (Have I ever mentioned my addiction to Blue Bell?) It was a great day and I am so glad I was able to spend it with my 3 Valentines.

Janelle  – (February 28, 2011 at 6:58 AM)  

Very cute and fun. Do you have a link or tutorial for those decorations? They're pretty cute.

Rebecca E.  – (February 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM)  

So cute like always!:) Love the matching outfits too, just adorable. I'm dying to know how you made those felt valentine decorations. Please share, I love them!

Carrick  – (February 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM)  

oh my goodness i'd forgotten bluebell ice cream! we had that in texas and yum! also- what a cute valentines day!!! i second the request for the felt tutorial. those turned out awesome!

She Loves To Make  – (March 1, 2011 at 11:38 AM)  

I love the V-day outfits! Soooo cute! I made that same felt wreath and love it. It's in my kitchen all the time :)
Ok, I want your recipe for french toast. I'm sure it's way better than the messy mixtures I make up with random ingredients!

Kayleen  – (March 7, 2011 at 12:28 AM)  

You have only been on two dates since Kylie?! I'm amazed at how you seem to stay sane. I love my mini's, but I have a hard time remembering how much I like James if I don't get just him for a little bit. You deserved a romantic adventure to chick-fil-a for sure! Your girls are adorable as ever and i loved those decorations!

Post a Comment